Idemitsu Group works to reduce the environmental impact caused by our business activities in order to contribute to the creation of a sustainable society with the harmony between economy and environment. We strive to protect the global environment by appropriately allocating and utilizing our resources and actively promoting advanced initiatives to solve environmental problems such as global warming. We conduct business activities based on our policy with criteria to prioritize global and regional environmental protection in all business segments.
Environmental Protection Policy
- Make an effort to prevent leaks and contamination and contribute to environmental protection.
- Actively contribute to preventing global warming and make an effort to reduce greenhouse gases emitted through our business activities.
- Effectively use resources in all our business activities.
- Promote green procurement when purchasing material, construction work, services, etc.
- Be aware of the importance of biodiversity and actively contribute to its maintenance.
- Work to develop and diffuse technologies and products that create a better environment.
- Set environmental objectives based on the annual basic policies, and gather power from within and outside the organization to achieve those objectives.
- Continually improve the Environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance.
- Actively disclose environmental information and promote communication with parties outside the company to ensure the reliability of our company and improve corporate value.
In dealing with environmental issues, there are things that we cannot effectively solve by our own power as the challenges are widely varied. For such issues, we work together with international organizations, various national and private institutions and organizations in the spirit of co-creation.