To support the independent health management of employees, we convene the Health Committee once a month to raise
awareness of and engrain health promotion activities at business sites with 50 or more employees based on the Industrial
Safety and Health Act. At the Head Office, we have held meetings of the committee online since April 2020 to prevent
the spread of COVID-19.
Committees Meeting at the Head Office
- Timing and frequency of meetings
- The third Thursday of every month
- Committee members (53)
- Committee chair: General manager of the Human Resources Department (general health and safety manager of the Industrial
Safety and Health Act), expert industrial physician (1), health manager (1 dedicated, 7 concurrent), and health promotion
committee members of each department (43)
- Main Issues in FY2020
- Health lectures by industrial healthcare professionals (industrial physicians, nurses or occupational health staff)
- Occupational accidents (at offices and during commuting or working from home), employees working long hours, implementation
status of industrial physician interviews (required if over the regular 70 work hours), workplace patrol results
(industrial physicians and health managers), air environment measurement results, etc.
- Other communication matters related to health promotion
- Deliberation matters
- Implementation of stress checks at the end of first half of the year, decision of annual activity plan (proposal), implementation
of world no-smoking day trial, reform of the Head Office Health Committee Operation Guidelines, etc.