Regarding the handling of personal information, including specific personal information,*1 as well as processed anonymous information*2 (hereinafter collectively referred to as “personal information, etc.”), we have established basic policies as outlined below. In accordance with these policies, we will securely and appropriately manage all the personal information, etc., we are entrusted with.
- *1 People’s Individual Number and personal information containing said Individual Number, as defined by the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures
- *2 Personal information that is processed to ensure that a specific individual’s identity can neither be uncovered nor their personal information restored.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- We comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures and other relevant laws and regulations, cabinet and ministerial ordinances, and prevailing guidelines.
- Matters concerning the Acquisition of Personal Information, etc.
- We will acquire personal information, etc., only through proper and fair methods. Furthermore, we will inform all individuals from whom we acquire personal information of the purpose of such information gathering either before obtaining said information or, immediately upon obtaining it, by providing them with notification individually or via a public statement of purpose, except in situations in which the Company is legally exempt from these measures. In cases where special care is required, we will obtain the prior consent of the individual from whom we acquire such information, except in situations in which we are legally exempt from obtaining such consent.
- Matters concerning the Use of Personal Information, etc.
- We will strictly limit the use of personal information, etc., to the extent necessary to achieve the defined purpose of usage, except in situations in which the use of personal information outside such purpose is legally permitted.
- Matters concerning the Provision and Disclosure of Personal Information, etc.
- We will not disclose or provide personal information to third parties other than contractors, companies engaged in the joint use of such information, and successors of our operations without the consent of any individual identifiable through such personal information, except in situations in which disclosing or providing such information is legally permitted.
- Matters concerning Safe Management Measures
- We will implement necessary and appropriate measures to protect personal information, etc., from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, or other incidents while continuously improving our structure for the protection and management of personal information. To this end, we will designate the individuals responsible for these measures at each business unit while ensuring that employees and contractors tasked with handling personal information, etc., are properly educated, trained, and supervised.
Furthermore, we will maintain the accuracy of personal information, etc., and keep it updated. If it has served its purpose, we will swiftly discard or erase such information upon the lapse of storage periods stipulated by applicable laws and regulations.
Should the leakage of personal information or a similar incident occur, we will promptly carry out correction measures in light of the nature of such an incident.
- Matters concerning the Disclosure of Personal Information, etc.
- In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we will accommodate requests regarding the disclosure and correction (revision, update, deletion, suspension, elimination, or block them from being provided to third parties) of retained personal data or specific personal information files. If we decide to not disclose information held or if we retain no applicable data or files subject to the above requests, we will notify the individual who issued such requests about our decision or the nonexistence of these items.